Wednesday 18 January 2012

The lecture hall.......University Girl !

This is the first of my shoots. It was quite fun to to as myself and the model had to use our imaginations to put 'university girl' in the right places. The lecture hall is quite big and spacious and i wanted to keep that feel. Ive seen a few images by other photographers that fill whole rooms and cinemas with people but i want to keep it simple, after all i don't think i've been to a lecture that had ever had every seat filled !

























I  began by importing my images into light room to make sure they were all matching. I did this by first selecting a base image and correcting the colours and levels until i was satisfied with the look of the image. Next i used the sync tool to make sure every image was the same as the base.



This is my starting image...

Once i was ready to start i began by cutting out each person from every image and gave them their own layer. I then transported this layer on the the base image.


At first i found it quite hard to cut out the individual people, its quite tricky to draw a smooth line when your not drawing pen on paper.


The eraser tool be came my best friend after a while as i used it to rub away the layers underneath that i did not need, as you can see from the image below my edges got a bit soft after a few hours of erasing ....

A Particualar problem that i came across was 'the halo' you can see it in both of these sections, my original image had a very blown out back ground, so the people at the back of the picture ended up with a strange white glow...which i correct later...











Because of the way i had my flash in the hall, i blew out the background. I fixed this by droping in a darker background fron a test shot i had taken beforehand.....


Before...

After.......

No comments:

Post a Comment